One of my active projects is a temperature and humidity monitor based on littleBits and a DHT22 sensor from Adafruit. Currently, the project actively monitors the temperature and humidity and displays it on two number displays. Eventually, the project will do those things, plus report those values to the cloud, turn an oscillating fan on or off, and report the fan power state to the cloud. I would also like to add data logging to a local web server as a capability somewhere down the road.
The current payload for the project is:
- 1 littleBits mounting board
- 1 littleBits USB power module
- 1 littleBits Proto module used for interfacing
- 1 DHT22 temperature-humidity sensor from Adafruit
- 1 littleBits Arduino module
- 2 littleBits Number modules
Future payload will include:
- 3 littleBits cloudBit modules
- 1 littleBits Wire module
- either 1 Proto module used for interfacing
- 1 Pololu 12 volt relay module (along with other supporting hardware)
- or 1 littleBits IR transmitter module (from the Smart Home Kit)
- and 1 littleBits Split wire module
- and 1 littleBits AC switch (also from the Smart Home Kit)
- (the IR setup may not be suitable for the environment the setup is intended to operate in)
- 1 cheap plastic storage container for use as an enclosure
Additional payload may also include:
Once I get the code for the Arduino cleaned up, I will add it as an update in a future post.
You can find out more about all my projects via my Projects page. I will be adding a littleBits page and associated projects as time permits.